To celebrate reaching 12000 views today, we made a giant chocolate chip cookie.
I love baking with The Sweetpeas especially Alyssa as she likes to do as much as she can by herself with me just watching her.
"I'll just go wash my hands and then I'll get cracking" ~ Alyssa
325g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
280g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
100g chocolate chips
1. Cream together the butter,sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
2 Add in one egg and beat. Add in the other and beat again.
3. Add in the flour,salt and baking powder and whisk up again until combined.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Line a pizza baking tray with greaseproof paper.
6. Dollop (I love that word!) the dough mixture into the pan and push out to the edges to form a large cookie.
7. Bake at 190C for about 20 minutes.
8. Take out and allow to cool in the tray.
9. Now for the fun bit of decorating. (As you can see, Chunky decided to help for this bit.)
I let The Sweetpeas decorate it with whatever goodies they could find in the cupboards. I melted some white chocolate and they used this to stick on mini marshmallows and some flying saucers.
They were going to write 12000 but we had to settle for 12K.
10. Eat it as it's pointless leaving these things around the house.
"Mummy, when you cook chocolate chips it goes all melty. That's the best bit." ~ Harvey
After a comment, I realised that I hadn't even written about how it tasted! It's absolutely gorgeous. You can easily cut it into slices or chunks. It's a kind of moist, chewy consistency with a little crunch to the outside. I was worried that it wouldn't cook evenly but every slice is superb.